It’s no surprise that our founder, Mary Frances Knight, has her morning regimen down to a science. Part products, part process, she’s an expert in getting the most from her favorite formulas. Here is her current AM regimen, from start to finish.
1. Cleanse: Joanna Vargas Vitamin C Face Wash + The Cleansing Coins: I’ve had this cleanser on heavy rotation for years. It has a one-of-a-kind formula that cleanses your skin without striping it, reduces the appearance of dark spots, and brightens your complexion. I use a Cleansing Coin to lather it for a deep clean of my pores, and also to remove it.
2. Tone: Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 + The Multiuse Facial Sheets: One must always tone! There is a reason why aestheticians and facialists refer to Lotionp50 as a ‘facial in a bottle’. It purifies, re-balances, and conditions your skin, and the longer you use it, the stronger results you will see. For deeper penetration, and less waste, I use a Multiuse Facial Sheet to pat it in.
3. Treat: BeautyStat Universal C Skin Refiner + The Multiuse Facial Sheets: This is the first 20% vitamin C serum with stabilized L-ascorbic acid (the purest form of vitamin C). It promises maximum potency and fast results, yet it is non-irritating and has a silky texture. I apply it with a Multiuse Facial Sheet and it penetrates evenly, in seconds.
4. Moisturize: Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifiante: If you have combination or oily skin, you need this product. This moisturizer prevents blocked pores and inflammation, reduces redness, unclogs pores, and hydrates the skin. Perfect for skin prone to breakouts.
5. Treat: CosMedix Eye Genius: Frankie Shay, an esthetician at Melanie Grant, told me about this under-the-radar wonder. Its consistency is that of a thick gel, and it reduces the appearance of puffiness and dark circles, in addition to preventing fine lines. I dab it under and around my eyes, and on my brow bone (basically every except the eyelid).
6. Seal: Furtuna Skin Biphase Moisturizing Oil: This oil plumps, moisturizes, and repairs your skin with just a few drops. I press a tiny amount, just 1-2 drops, over my moisturizer to seal in my whole regimen.
7. Protect: Saie Slip Tint SPF 35: This is the best tinted SPF on the market. A beauty editor told me about it a few months ago, and I can’t get enough. Not only does it even out the skin tone with just the right amount of tint, but it’s also packed with a blend of nourishing, skin-loving ingredients (like Hyaluronic Acid and Licorice Root) while providing clean SPF 35 protection.
Click here to shop MF’s AM Regimen and other go-to products.